The Government of Zanzibar recognizes the huge and untapped potential of Zanzibaris Abroad which can contribute to the country’s national development agenda. The Diaspora Department aims to harness the diverse skills, knowledge, expertise and resources of Zanzibaris living abroad, and facilitating their integration into the national development agenda. This informs the Diaspora Department which seeks to harness the contribution of Zanzibaris living abroad through the implementation of the National Diaspora policy. The objectives of this pillar are to:
- Provide effective and responsive consular services;
- Facilitate Zanzibaris Abroad to participate in national development;
- Promote the access by Zanzibaris to the international labour market;
- Utilize outstanding Zanzibaris, and
- Tap into the skills and resources of the Zanzibaris Abroad for national development.
If you have settled in United Kingdom, or will be spending a few years here during your study or your expat stay and would like to find more information concerning the Diaspora or are keen to meet other Kenyans residing here, you can contact the associations listed below.
EAST AFRICAN EDUCATION FOUNDATION